Monday, September 5, 2011

Basic Armbar

This is a variation on the move I learned in my first class, it's called the armbar. In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, the end-goal of any fight is to submit your opponent by putting them into a position they cannot get out of. In this case, you position them such that with a little tilt of the pelvis and pressure from your arms you could easily break their elbow.

The demo in this video is slightly different from the way we learned it but it's still the basic idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um4rd7CYN7Y

Armbar Submission


2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just found your blog. Welcome to BJJ!

    Dagney Taggert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sir, I got you by Google search.

    It is really helpful article about the topic of bjjgal.blogspot.com.It is a great helpful site for all the guide line .This site contribute various way.Really I like this site. I so much interest about your article. I know it is not any simple information. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog as I have RioFightWear has the Mixed Martial Arts gear you need in the brands you want. We sell the best Kimonos, Gis, Fight Shorts, MMA T-Shirts, Clothing, Gloves, pads and many other products associated with MMA and jiu jitsu gi.

    Oh Thank You Very Much For Write That Fantastic Article.

    ReplyDelete