Thursday, October 20, 2011

PROGRESS! -- and my first video :)

So in the last week and a half I've gotten my first two submissions. One armbar and one kimora. One on a guy who's been training on and off for a couple of years, and the kimora on a dude even newer than me! It shouldn't count but he's actually pretty good so I'm counting it.

Last night I got the first video of myself. Besides the fact that my hair looks shorter than it feels and my rear-end looks bigger in those capris than I thought...it's not a bad video ;)

Let me set it up. My rolling pahd-nah there (partner for those of you who did not grow up in the midwest or south) is in the guard position. His goal is to control me with his legs and try to position himself to perform a submission. My ENTIRE goal at this point, especially as a complete newbie, is to just get past his legs. It's called 'passing'. Stay with me folks, I know this stuff is complicated.

If I can get past his legs into side control, meaning that I control him from the side (I told you this stuff is complicated!), I will be in a better position submit him. The video actually runs out before an even cooler part where I got him in a decent choke. ANYway.

So here ya go. Copy and paste the link into your browser and it should go to my google page where you can play the video. It's 1-minute long and most of the action takes place near the end.

https://picasaweb.google.com/105558444651820709081/BJJ?authkey=Gv1sRgCLT09JCws9rghAE

THANK you for reading, folks!

AS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment